Social Media for BusinessSocial media isn’t just something that kids play around with anymore. It has become a vital part of any company’s marketing plan. Someone had the brilliant idea of taking a Facebook “fan page” and turning it into a business page to create sales leads and drive traffic to their website. That one person, by doing one simple act, sparked a whole new way of using Facebook. Below is a list of some facts that you may or may not know about social media:
- Facebook outnumbered Google as the most visited site in March 2010?
- That it took television 13 years to reach 50 million users and Facebook 6 years to reach 500 million users!
- That social media is the #1 activity online outranking porn? (it’s true!!)
- The fastest growing group using Facebook are women aged 55-65 years old?
- That more than half of all consumers consult an online community prior to making a purchase?
- That most Twitter users are over the age of 35?
- That as of May 2010 Twitter had an average of 2 BILLION tweets per month?